- This event has passed.
Microbats in Mulgoa – twilight walk and talk
21 November, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Join us to hear about the importance of microbats living in Western Sydney.
Did you know?
• Eleven microbat species, four of which are threatened species, have been recorded in Mulgoa
• Australian microbats mostly feast on insects (not blood!) including pest species such as mosquitoes
• Microbats find their way through the dark using “echolocation”
You will hear from:
• Bat expert and researcher Dr Leroy Gonsalves will lead a twilight walk with an acoustic bat detector to “hear” microbats.
• Dr Joanna Haddock from University of Sydney will talk about her research on the impacts of lighting in urban areas on microbats.
• Mulgoa Valley Landcare Inc., Cumberland Land Conservancy and Penrith City Council