Emu Sports Club and Leonay Golf Club Celebrate 50th Anniversary
Emu Sports Club and Leonay Golf Club will celebrate 50 years of incorporation on 17th May 2019 and organisers have planned a major Golf event and a Celebration Dinner to mark the occasion.
Construction of Leonay Golf Course commenced in 1937 and the Club opened in 1939.
Operations ceased during the war years, but the Club re-opened in 1946 and later became known as Penrith Golf Club.
The course again lapsed in 1964, when Penrith Golf Club moved to its current location on the Northern Road.
In 1968 Leonay Golf Club, as we know it today, commenced operations and was Licensed through the Emu Plains Sports Club in 1969.
Many local residents and businesses have been in or around Leonay since 1969 and the organising committee is appealing for memorabilia, including photos, articles, mementoes or even memories which can either be put in a Presentation Booklet or put on show at the Anniversary Dinner.
Anyone with such memorabilia is asked to contact Leonay Golf Cub Vice President Les Knox on 0418 692675 or by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, they can contact organising committee member Noel Rowsell at firstname.lastname@example.org.